Spring Timberlake Bioblitz -- Canceled

If the weather is cooperative, I'll be hosting another bioblitz at Timberlake Field Station in March or April. It will be the weekend of March 21st (or the 28th if the weather is bad). March 28th (or April 4th if the weather is bad) (Friday - Sunday).

Tarleton State University’s Timberlake Biological Field Station is an educational and research facility located on the Colorado River in the heart of Texas--midway between Austin and Abilene. The 790 acre property has over 2 miles of river frontage.

Here's the link to detailed info about Timberlake: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19D_D0b94QvtB72GR8e5cSH8XHXFSe9DS69zffjRrbtw/edit?usp=sharing

I'm tagging some folks that have expressed an interest and some nearby folks. Don't be offended if you're not tagged here--I loose track easily! Feel free to tag anyone else that you know might be interested.
@mikef451, @sambiology, @centratex, @davedenlinger, @lovebirder, @greglasley, @tweedledee, @alflinn329, @gpstewart, @ncowey, @tvasquez, @kbbutler, @mikaelb, @sawwhet, @sheliahargis, @jeffmci9, @sambiology, @wildcarrot, @catenatus, @brentano, @bosqueaaron, @gcwarbler, @annikaml, @mchlfx, @oddfitz, @tadamcochran, @rymcdaniel, @nathantaylor, @entomike, @nanofishology, @galactic_bug_man, @connlindajo, @k8thegr8, @squaylei2000, @ecarpe, @jeffmci9

Publicado el febrero 15, 2020 02:27 MAÑANA por pfau_tarleton pfau_tarleton

Comentarios

Yay! Although, I'm hoping for bad weather for the first weekend, since I can't make it that date. ;-)

Publicado por annikaml hace más de 4 años

I've penciled it into my calendar.

Publicado por gcwarbler hace más de 4 años

I will be there!

Publicado por mikef451 hace más de 4 años

I have penciled it into my calendar as well.

Publicado por centratex hace más de 4 años

On the calendar...Not sure if we can go, but will keep watching.

Publicado por alflinn329 hace alrededor de 4 años

Yes! I can't wait to go back! I'm also hoping it'll get moved to the 28th... I'll be in the LRGV the first weekend.

Publicado por wildcarrot hace alrededor de 4 años

I hope I can come. My March schedule is filling up fast!

Publicado por nathantaylor hace alrededor de 4 años

Will come if possible.

Publicado por rymcdaniel hace alrededor de 4 años

I’ll put it down as an event I hope I can make.

Publicado por brentano hace alrededor de 4 años

I'll look at my schedule, hoping to be there!

Publicado por k8thegr8 hace alrededor de 4 años

sorry, I work weekends...

Publicado por entomike hace alrededor de 4 años

I missed a ton of your posts! :( I need a "followed" journal entry feed!!

I am at a conference the weekend of the 28th, so if weather holds for the 21st I will plan to be there. Pray for no back problems between now and then! Or car problems. Or turkey problems. Or camera problems.

Publicado por kimberlietx hace alrededor de 4 años

The Ornithology class is scheduled to be at Timberlake the weekend of the 21st, so it looks like March 28th or, if weather is bad, April 4th. Regardless, it will be a Friday-Sunday (two nights).

Publicado por pfau_tarleton hace alrededor de 4 años

I'm in!

Publicado por annikaml hace alrededor de 4 años

Yay! I'm putting it in my calendar! :D

Publicado por wildcarrot hace alrededor de 4 años

Ah well... 3 strikes and I'm out?

Publicado por kimberlietx hace alrededor de 4 años

@kimberlietx, it looks like I changed the date so that you couldn't come....but I SWEAR it ain't so! :)

Publicado por pfau_tarleton hace alrededor de 4 años

Well dang now I can't come. Unless it's the 4th. Sam I believe is also committed for same thing I am on the 28th. Ugh.

Publicado por brentano hace alrededor de 4 años

I'm a maybe, probably likely!

Publicado por tadamcochran hace alrededor de 4 años

April 4th might work for me too.

Publicado por tadamcochran hace alrededor de 4 años

@oddfitz in case you didn't see this! :)

Publicado por wildcarrot hace alrededor de 4 años

@jcochran706 This is the upcoming gathering I spoke to you about. If you have any questions let me know.

Publicado por mikef451 hace alrededor de 4 años

I'm going to postpone the Timberlake bioblitz due to 1) wet conditions, 2) needing to reduce the spread of you-know-what, and 3) me being overwhelmed with having to teach classes online now that campus is closed. Hang tight folks!

Publicado por pfau_tarleton hace alrededor de 4 años

You take good care @pfau_tarleton - We will get back to it. Let's all go wash our hands now. ;-)

Publicado por alflinn329 hace alrededor de 4 años

Russell, Thanks for keeping us updated. Hang in there! Despite the void of a bioblitz, I encourage EVERYONE to get out in nature to sooth our suffering souls. As a rule, there's no need for "social distancing" from a bug, flower, or tree. (I urge everyone to continue "social distancing" from the likes of skunks and rattlesnakes.)

Publicado por gcwarbler hace alrededor de 4 años

Everyone take care, and stay healthy! Whenever this bioblitz happens, I hope to be there.

Publicado por annikaml hace alrededor de 4 años

=)

Publicado por k8thegr8 hace alrededor de 4 años

Thank you for the update, Russell. Stay healthy everyone!

Publicado por tadamcochran hace alrededor de 4 años

Thanks for the update! Stay safe and healthy everyone, see you at the next one!

Publicado por wildcarrot hace alrededor de 4 años

Let me know when there's a chance to come again.

Publicado por tweedledee hace alrededor de 4 años

Please keep me posted. I am interested.

Publicado por sawwhet hace más de 2 años

Agregar un comentario

Acceder o Crear una cuenta para agregar comentarios.